Star Actuarial Futures Profile
Star Actuarial Futures was founded by Louis Manson and Antony Buxton FIA in 2009 to provide quality recruitment services to the actuarial market.
Our objective is to become the actuarial recruitment firm of choice for clients and candidates in the UK and overseas.
Our honest approach to recruitment and our market expertise have delivered great results within the actuarial market and we are proud to work with a wide range of leading actuarial employers and candidates.
We provide our clients with the talent they need to realise their business strategy and to date have helped over 60 actuarial employers fill their vacancies. We want to work closely with our clients and our greatest success story to date is having made 25 placements with one client alone.
We are experienced in filling vacancies from graduate to Chief Actuary level with permanent packages ranging from £20,000 p.a. to over £300,000 p.a. Our clients include Asset Managers, Insurers, Mutuals, Consultancies, Banks, Brokers and Syndicates.
Our consultants are based throughout the UK, recruit for permanent and interim positions in all sectors of the actuarial market in the UK and overseas and offer a consultancy service on a contingency, retained or search basis.
We continually strive to be the best in the market and with that in mind we only employ high quality recruitment consultants or actuaries directly from industry. Our consultants have over 50 years' experience in technical actuarial roles across insurance, pensions, investment and healthcare. As a result, our understanding of the actuarial market and of actuarial vacancies is based on first-hand experience, industry leading connections and up-to-date market knowledge.
To maintain our knowledge, credibility and visibility, we regularly attend and sponsor and sometimes host industry networking events. For example:
- Our consultants attend the Actuarial Profession's GIRO, Life, Pensions and Momentum Conferences
- Antony Buxton FIA, Managing Director, is a member of the London Market Actuaries Group
- Lance Randles MBA, Associate Director, is co-founder and Treasurer of the Southern African Actuarial ConneXion (SAAX)
- Irene Paterson FFA, Partner, is a member of the Worshipful Company of Actuaries, the first lady to chair the Scottish Actuaries Club, a member of Scottish Independent Actuaries and has represented the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries on the Pension Committee of the Groupe Consultatif as well as the International Actuarial Association
- Star Actuarial Futures is also the exclusive sponsor of the Chinese Actuarial Network UK (CANUK) 2012-2013
- In a short space of time, we have built strong relationships with both clients and candidates, based on high quality service, trusted advice and excellent results.
2012/13/14/15/16/17/18 - Actuarial Post: Agency of the Year - voted for by candidates
2012 - Incisive Media: Recruiter of Choice - voted for by candidates
Please contact us at any time (including evenings and weekends) for more information on vacancies of interest or for an informal discussion regarding your career goals.
Antony Buxton, FIA
T: +44 7766 414 560 E: email@example.com
T: +44 7595 023 983 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is seeking a qualified actuary (or a talented individual qualified by experience) to lead the building and maintaining of risk cost models that will achieve premium income and profit objectives.
Leading consultancy is seeking a qualified investment consultancy (CFA/FIA) with a good understanding of current and upcoming Responsible Investment (RI) regulation and its impact on DC schemes.
Our client, a global (re)insurer, has a fantastic opportunity for a qualified non-life actuary to take the lead with its Dublin based non-life Solvency II actuarial team, ooordinating Solvency II Technical Provisions on a quarterly basis.
Our client, a leading global firm, has a number of exciting opportunities for part-qualified or qualified life actuaries to derive best estimate bases for protection and longevity quotations.
- General Insurance
- Agile working / London or South East
Major global insurer has a fantastic career opportunity for a part-qualified GI actuary to join its Retail Actuarial Reserving team where you will assist with setting the Retail reserves and help communicate the financial risk and its consequences.
Our client has a unique opportunity for a qualified life or non-life actuary with experience of the Solvency II regulatory regime for insurers to make an impact within their capital team, taking the lead on a portfolio of work.