Star Actuarial Futures Profile
Star Actuarial Futures was founded by Louis Manson and Antony Buxton FIA in 2009 to provide quality recruitment services to the actuarial market.
Our objective is to become the actuarial recruitment firm of choice for clients and candidates in the UK and overseas.
Our honest approach to recruitment and our market expertise have delivered great results within the actuarial market and we are proud to work with a wide range of leading actuarial employers and candidates.
We provide our clients with the talent they need to realise their business strategy and to date have helped over 60 actuarial employers fill their vacancies. We want to work closely with our clients and our greatest success story to date is having made 25 placements with one client alone.
We are experienced in filling vacancies from graduate to Chief Actuary level with permanent packages ranging from £20,000 p.a. to over £300,000 p.a. Our clients include Asset Managers, Insurers, Mutuals, Consultancies, Banks, Brokers and Syndicates.
Our consultants are based throughout the UK, recruit for permanent and interim positions in all sectors of the actuarial market in the UK and overseas and offer a consultancy service on a contingency, retained or search basis.
We continually strive to be the best in the market and with that in mind we only employ high quality recruitment consultants or actuaries directly from industry. Our consultants have over 50 years' experience in technical actuarial roles across insurance, pensions, investment and healthcare. As a result, our understanding of the actuarial market and of actuarial vacancies is based on first-hand experience, industry leading connections and up-to-date market knowledge.
To maintain our knowledge, credibility and visibility, we regularly attend and sponsor and sometimes host industry networking events. For example:
- Our consultants attend the Actuarial Profession's GIRO, Life, Pensions and Momentum Conferences
- Antony Buxton FIA, Managing Director, is a member of the London Market Actuaries Group
- Lance Randles MBA, Associate Director, is co-founder and Treasurer of the Southern African Actuarial ConneXion (SAAX)
- Irene Paterson FFA, Partner, is a member of the Worshipful Company of Actuaries, the first lady to chair the Scottish Actuaries Club, a member of Scottish Independent Actuaries and has represented the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries on the Pension Committee of the Groupe Consultatif as well as the International Actuarial Association
- Star Actuarial Futures is also the exclusive sponsor of the Chinese Actuarial Network UK (CANUK) 2012-2013
- In a short space of time, we have built strong relationships with both clients and candidates, based on high quality service, trusted advice and excellent results.
2012/13/14/15/16/17/18 - Actuarial Post: Agency of the Year - voted for by candidates
2012 - Incisive Media: Recruiter of Choice - voted for by candidates
Please contact us at any time (including evenings and weekends) for more information on vacancies of interest or for an informal discussion regarding your career goals.
Antony Buxton, FIA
T: +44 7766 414 560 E: email@example.com
T: +44 7595 023 983 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Star Actuarial is seeking a part-qualified or qualified non-life actuary to join a major client where you will be responsible for developing and delivering leading-edge risk selection and pricing capability to the business.
Star Actuarial, on behalf of a leading insurer, is currently representing this excellent career opportunity for a part-qualified GI actuary to provide support for data manipulation and modelling tasks (home/motor products).
Star Actuarial, on behalf of a leading-edge insurer, is seeking a talented underwriter with strong experience working in personal lines insurance, including motor underwriting, to join their rapidly expanding business.
Star Actuarial, on behalf of a leading-edge insurer, is currently representing this exciting opportunity for a qualified actuary with experience of working in GI reserving to play a key role in the optimisation of claims reserving.